Full throttle to the engines!

by on March, 24, 2011 in Apocalypse, Blasta Bommer - Comments Off on Full throttle to the engines!


Spent an hour working on getting the wing/engine connector worked out. Nothing too complex really. Carefully drilled out a hole big enough to just fit the 1/2 PVC into in each engine housing. Cut some pvc and temporarily hot-glued it in place. I then used a snake of plumbers putty and sealed it up good. Let it cure for 1/2 an hour and test fit the parts.

This is a closeup of the interior of the connection to the 4-way piece inside.

It’s only getting bigger. Now that I’ve got the majority of the weight of the wings attached I find the balance is just fine. Not a wobble to it.

The missus is out for a couple of days with our daughter in Chicago so I’ll have a lot of alone time the next four days to get a bunch of work done. I’m hoping to have both wings worked out by Tues./Wed. Then I can start on the tail frame and then start thinking about the smaller details like the deff arsenal in the nose and the cockpit.

# # # # #

No comments yet

Comments are closed.
This post has been closed to new comments.