Tag Archives: Superheavy
Ok, enough chit chat, back to the Big Mekkin’!
Started the base work on the second pulsa over the last couple of days. I’m taking a different approach to this one. The first pulsa was all about this rokkit, this one is all about the base. Since the rokkit on this one is soooo skinny, it’s hard to come up with details for it – especially ones that won’t shear off during launch! The “detail” for this rokkit will be in the painting and most of the modeling details will be focused on the launch platform and shed.
Without further ado, here’s the base nearly finished.
I just need to finish up the upper rails and do rivets and I’m calling it done. I’ve got a week left to wrap these boyz up so painting will be FAST! There’s a bunch of small things that I want to do but will have to come back to them after the Apoc game next Sat.
Well, getting back on the squig after three weeks off. For those who care, this is where I went…
I would do it again in a heartbeat!
Back to the real reason everyone is here, orks and pictures!
Spent a little time last night putting the rivets on the 1st pulsa and primed the starter base making it officially completing the construction phase. The base still needs the groundwork finished and I need to pick up a tub of joint compound for both crash bases, just didn’t get around to it today.
Started the base to the second rokkit, not too far yet.
Hoping to finish the build be the weekend so I can put the base paint down and do metals and wash next weekend. We’ll see how it goes.
Got the engines/rokkits assembled and attached. so the basic structure is finished.
They are a bit reminiscent of a Chris Foss or Syd Mead spacecraft at the moment Wouldn’t have anything to do with me collecting thier art for almost 30 years and subliminal impressionism, hmm?
Need to do the detailing like armor patches, straps for the engines and a couple of fuel/wiring lines and off to next pulsa!
Badab Black applied with a brush. Nothing tricky, it does tie everything together nicely now.
OK. Finished with the first skullhamma, the other should be finished tomorrow with the hope of priming tomorrow night.
Photos, that’s about it. I’ve greyscaled it because the color version is even harder to tell what’s what.
Nothing too detailed or “soopa doopa orky”, just looted and plated enough to tell it’s not an imperial machine anymore.
And both on the workbench. Started the armor plating on the second.
OK, forced once a week update here. Got the base kannons done so all the armaments are finished. I know they look all slapped on but I’ll be “blending” them into the body better in the scrapping/junking phase, which is next.
Started the armoring and scrapification of the first tank…
Yes, a bit sloppy, but that’s what I’m going for. No one will mistake this for any other kind of unit on the table. Depending on schedule I’m hoping to be painting these things by next weekend. We’ll see.
Finished the skullhammas sponsons tonight. I still have the rivets to do but I’ll do them all at the end. Here ya go!
Next are the kannons.