Tag Archives: ork
All right, got some work done last night. No, I didn’t do any work, I got some done last night…
I’ve been threatening to get this done for about two years and finally pulled the trigger. Turned out better than I could have hoped for. Here’s a scale pick so you know where it went. It’s lower half of my left upper arm.
Took about 2 hours and didn’t hurt anymore than any of the others and of course, I’ll do more tattoos but no more 40K related ones in the idea cue.
Well, getting back on the squig after three weeks off. For those who care, this is where I went…
I would do it again in a heartbeat!
Back to the real reason everyone is here, orks and pictures!
Spent a little time last night putting the rivets on the 1st pulsa and primed the starter base making it officially completing the construction phase. The base still needs the groundwork finished and I need to pick up a tub of joint compound for both crash bases, just didn’t get around to it today.
Started the base to the second rokkit, not too far yet.
Hoping to finish the build be the weekend so I can put the base paint down and do metals and wash next weekend. We’ll see how it goes.
Got the engines/rokkits assembled and attached. so the basic structure is finished.
They are a bit reminiscent of a Chris Foss or Syd Mead spacecraft at the moment Wouldn’t have anything to do with me collecting thier art for almost 30 years and subliminal impressionism, hmm?
Need to do the detailing like armor patches, straps for the engines and a couple of fuel/wiring lines and off to next pulsa!
Spent a couple hours sifting through my bitz boxes and bins and pulled a bunch of interesting stuff out for consideration. I think I’ve got Fat Boy pretty much figured out Rokkit-wise, I’ll work on the launchpad after I get the rokkit finished. Here’s the basic parts layout and I’ve started with the detailing and assembly…
It’s almost like an Eye Spy game . Lets try to figure out what parts are what – or Find the…
Toy truck wheels
Monitor riser spacers
Cheap superglue bottle caps
Space shuttle model rocket nozzles
Medical grade filtration modules.
There will be a test!
Badab Black applied with a brush. Nothing tricky, it does tie everything together nicely now.
Small update, been busy with half my family sick and in/out of the hospital. Everything is alright now and on the recovery track for all involved.
Did the drybrushing highlighting and started the basing for the metals – edges of cut panels, guns/exhausts, etc. I also did the checks for one tank. Turned out alright I think. I’ll be doing something different for the other tank. These pics are some of the first ones I could get color corrected to show the true red (your screens may vary…).
Tonight I hope to get the second tanks black basing done and stenciling (for a lack of a better word) as well as the details, then maybe the chipping finished over the weekend. I’d like to wrap this up by Sunday to give me enough time to complete both Pulsa Rokkits in time for the instore Apoc Demo coming up. Yes, I’ve decided to do the Pulsas next. They’ll add more visual impact to the game and the crazy rules should be more fun than the ability to shoot down flyers, we’ll have some other units for that.
Now dey go FASTA!!!
Masked off and ready to go to the garage for airbrushing.
And now they’re red!
They’re really bright at this point so they’ll look a little cartoony – this is even more pronounced in the photos than in real life. Next will be the metals and details, then a couple of overall washes and then paint chipping and done.
Gotta figure out which ones I’ll be doing after that. Matching Pulsa Rokkits? A kustom battlefortress? Maybe the pair of flakka dakka wagons? All before Oct.!
Started the armoring and scrapification of the first tank…
Yes, a bit sloppy, but that’s what I’m going for. No one will mistake this for any other kind of unit on the table. Depending on schedule I’m hoping to be painting these things by next weekend. We’ll see.
Finished the skullhammas sponsons tonight. I still have the rivets to do but I’ll do them all at the end. Here ya go!
Next are the kannons.
I’m back from vacation and work has slowly restarted on Red Jack’s Battlewagon. As I wrote in my blog yesterday, the battlewagon’s in it’s awkward stage where it’s paint job looks too clean and parts are unpainted and it may be tough to envision what the end product will look like. That’s alright, I know it’s gonna rock when it’s done.
I’ve finally started on the details – checks and glyphs. There are some areas that are not started yet – the boarding plank, the rear deck and exhaust areas. This is because I’m unsure what I want there yet. I’m in the middle of over-analyzing how I’m going to do he rust effect and how to paint the engine housing. I still need to paint the edges of the glyphs and do some research into what I want to put on the big open areas – I eft them open on purpose so I could scrawl graffiti on it, not sure what I want it to say yet. “Die ‘Umie Scun” and “Da Big Waaagh!” are some of the ideas floating around in my head right now.
I know it’s lookin’ all pretty and fresh looking but that’ll change once everything has had a once over, then the dirt/grease/paint/blood will fly!